Basics of FUE Hair Transplantation
If you are experiencing hair loss, you might start by researching basic information about hair transplantation or hair loss treatments. In this article you can find the answer of the most frequently asked question about FUE Hair Transplantation.
What is FUE hair transplant method?
FUE (follicular unit extraction) is a method of hair transplantation. Extraction part of the operation begins with removing the follicular units, each containing 2-3 hair follicles, from a donor part of the head, usually from the nape area between the two ears.
Then, these follicular units are placed carefully into the affected areas by a spillage. It is very important to take into account the natural angle of the hair when implanting the hair grafts.
During the procedure, the hair follicles are removed under local anesthesia. A micro motor with a diameter of 0.6 mm or 0.8 mm is used to remove the hair grafts and than these hair grafts are transplanted to the bald areas.
A hair transplant procedure can be performed in a short session or a longer session. The duration of the procedure may vary depending on how many grafts are required. Operations usually take between 4 and 6 hours.
Another reason why the FUE method is highly preferred is because it does not leave marks compared to the other methods. With a FUE hair transplant, no scarring occurs since micro-channels are opened and grafts are implanted into them. After the surgery, there might be mild pain and people can return to their normal lives after the cleaning on the next day of the operation. It takes about 15 days for the redness to pass and the crusts to fall out.
The results of the FUE hair transplant procedure are permanent. The first transplanted hair may fall after a few weeks; this is called ‘’shock hair loss’’ period. But within 12 months these hair are replaced with strong, healthy and growing new hairs.
We hope that this short article about FUE has been helpful.
Note that, you can contact us and benefit from Dr. Serkan Aygın’s huge experience to find out if the hair transplant is a solution for your case. If you are a good candidate for the operation, you will learn the optimal operation plan you will need and be informed about getting hair transplantation in Turkey at Dr. Serkan Aygin Clinic.
- 10 Major Forms of Hair Loss Experienced Around The World
- Answers To Your 10 Most Important Hair Transplant Questions
- DHI Hair Transplant Technique Without Shaving
- What to Expect From a FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
- Eyebrow Transplant with FUE Method
- The 4 Most Frequently Asked Questions About FUE Hair Transplant
- 5 Factors That Contribute to a “Failed Hair Transplant”
- Elements that Determine the Cost of a Hair Transplant Surgery
- The Role of Stem Cells & Hair Cloning in Hair Transplant
- 5 Crucial Steps to a Successful Hair Transplant
- PRP Treatment For Hair Loss
- DHI (Direct Hair Transplant) What is DHI Hair Transplant?
- Frequently Asked Questions About The FUE Hair Transplant
- Conditions that Cause Hair Loss in Men
- Androgenetic Alopecia Condition in Men
- Hair Transplant Recovery Tips
- Hair Transplant For Women
- Basics of FUE Hair Transplantation
- Top 8 Things You Need To Verify Before Choosing A Hair Transplant Surgeon
- Is A Hair Transplant Right For You?