Androgenetic Alopecia Condition in Men
Androgenetic Alopecia, is the medical term for a hair loss condition, characterized by the progressive dispersal of hair loss that occurs in a highly reproducible pattern. This condition is also known as ‘male-pattern baldness’. If you would like to obtain more information on the causes of Androgenetic Alopecia (AGA) and on how it occurs, our article may attract your attention.
What Causes Androgenetic Alopecia?
Androgenetic Alopecia is primarily genetic and is caused by Dihydrotestosterone; a derivative of the male hormone testosterone that binds with receptor sites of follicles and effects follicular miniaturization. Hair loss is largely dictated by our genes and plays a big part in deciding when you will start experiencing hair loss, how it will progess in the future and the degree of loss. Hair follicles that are sensitive to dihydrotestosterone must be exposed to the hormone for a considerable length of time. Dihydrotestosterone increases dramatically as puberty progresses, for this reason many men can notice their hair loss condition by the time they reach the age of 18.
The growth cycle or anagen phase of certain follicles within the balding pattern that have been exposed to dihydrotestosterone for a length of time, will start to shorten, thus leading to weaker and shorter hairs. Additionally, hair follicles undergo miniaturization and causes the hair to appear finer.The anagen phase of hair growth is progressively shortened and tends to worsen with each growth cycle. In this condition, hair loss is generally observed on the top of the scalp and hair on the sides as well as the back of the head remain healthy.
How can AGA be treated?
There are a number of options available for treating Androgenetic Alopecia hair loss condition. Based on the degree of hair loss, hair transplantation or other hair loss treatments can be conducted. In order to determine the best hair loss treatment option as well as hair transplant procedure for you, it is important to consult a specialist doctor for professional evaluation.
If you are also experiencing hair loss and would like Dr. Serkan Aygın to evaluate your condition, you can contact us to schedule a medical examination appointment or send us your pictures so we can provide you recommendations that will seek to address your condition.
- Elements That Determine The Quality of a Hair Transplant Clinic
- Bio Fiber Hair Transplant
- 10 Major Forms of Hair Loss Experienced Around The World
- Answers To Your 10 Most Important Hair Transplant Questions
- DHI Hair Transplant Technique Without Shaving
- What to Expect From a FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
- Eyebrow Transplant with FUE Method
- The 4 Most Frequently Asked Questions About FUE Hair Transplant
- 5 Factors That Contribute to a “Failed Hair Transplant”
- Elements that Determine the Cost of a Hair Transplant Surgery
- The Role of Stem Cells & Hair Cloning in Hair Transplant
- 5 Crucial Steps to a Successful Hair Transplant
- PRP Treatment For Hair Loss
- DHI (Direct Hair Transplant) What is DHI Hair Transplant?
- Frequently Asked Questions About The FUE Hair Transplant
- Conditions that Cause Hair Loss in Men
- Androgenetic Alopecia Condition in Men
- Hair Transplant Recovery Tips
- Hair Transplant For Women
- Basics of FUE Hair Transplantation