The 4 Most Frequently Asked Questions About FUE Hair Transplant
What do you know about hair transplantation?
Many people are unfamiliar with this topic and with all of its details it sometimes may be confusing. In our article we will be answering the 4 most frequently asked questions regarding the primary things that one should know about hair transplant procedures and on other issues that you may also be wondering about.
Is hair transplant surgery just for men?
Where are donor hair follicles being extracted from?
In order for a hair transplant procedure to be successfully performed, individual follicular units are extracted from the patient’s donor area and are then transplanted into areas where the patient desires more hair. If someone else’s hair is implanted in your body, your body is likely to consider it as foreign and will therefore reject it. In addition, if the severity of hair loss is high and you are experiencing lack of adequate donor hair, then most likely a FUE hair transplant will not be the best option for you.
Is there an age limit on who can undergo a hair transplant procedure?
Usually patients between the ages of 20 and 50 are considered as the most suitable candidates for a hair transplant surgery. However, this does not always have to be limited within this specific range. Even though each individual is different, it is more likely to achieve a successful hair transplant when the person is slightly older. At a younger age, hair loss and hair growth pattern can be irregular and hair loss may continue to worsen as the person gets older. As time passes by, you may have to undergo more procedures. As long as you are in good health there is no upper-age limit for hair transplantation. For this reason it is not generally advisable to undergo a hair transplant surgery under the age of 20.
How long does it take for hair to grow after hair transplant?
Within a few weeks after the operation you may notice some hair loss from the new transplanted area. The transplanted hair will begin to grow again after the inital shedding phase and it will take up to 12-15 months for new hair follicles to grow back strong and healthy.
Don’t panic, this is normal.
You can send us your questions that you’ve had trouble finding the answers to and in our following articles we shall cover the topics that you would want to learn more about. For further information on hair transplantation you can reach us via our contact details.
- Hair Transplantation and Ethnic Differences
- 10 False Facts About Hair Transplantation
- Pain Free Hair Transplant
- After Hair Transplantation
- Hair Transplantation with Stem Cells (Hair Cloning)
- Effects of Doing Sports on Hair Health
- Hair loss during pregnancy
- Hair Transplant for Women
- Hair Simulation / Scalp Micropigmentation / Hair Tattoo
- Hair Transplantation Istanbul
- Elements That Determine The Quality of a Hair Transplant Clinic
- Bio Fiber Hair Transplant
- 10 Major Forms of Hair Loss Experienced Around The World
- Answers To Your 10 Most Important Hair Transplant Questions
- DHI Hair Transplant Technique Without Shaving
- What to Expect From a FUE Hair Transplant Procedure
- Eyebrow Transplant with FUE Method
- The 4 Most Frequently Asked Questions About FUE Hair Transplant
- 5 Factors That Contribute to a “Failed Hair Transplant”
- Elements that Determine the Cost of a Hair Transplant Surgery